Enhancing Family Engagement in Schools
Use Kickboard’s multiple communication options to connect classroom learning with families.
How using Kickboard improves Family Engagement:
- Engage parents by sending and receiving messages through the Kickboard app.
- Communicate to parents with real-time behavior information throughout the school day.
- Save teachers time by having transparency into school-wide student behaviors to share with families.
- Secure account linking between Kickboard and Amazon Alexa.
How to Enhance Family Engagement in Schools
Schools and Districts use the following best practices for family engagement and communication:
Family members can log onto the Family Portal through the Kickboard app and view real-time student behavior information. Educators can also send and receive messages to parents in the app.
Web Portal Access
Family members can log onto the Family Portal through the website and view student behavior information in real-time.
Family members can use the Amazon Alexa app on their smartphone or an Amazon Alexa device (e.g. Amazon Echo) to receive real-time student behavior information by voice. Just ask, “Alexa, are there any updates from school?”
Printed Student Reports
Teachers and administrators can print custom student reports to send home with students and require a family member to sign.
Kickboard is experienced at student and family privacy.
- Secure communications in accordance with strict FERPA policies.
- Experience working with schools and districts since 2011.
- Industry leader in student data privacy and security protection.
After implementing Kickboard and creating a streamlined communication pathway between families and teachers, behavior improved across the school. The percent of positive interactions increased from 56% to 77%.
Subscribe to our Blog
Stay current with trends & insights around the important topics of Family Engagement, PBIS, Improving School Culture, Analyzing Behavior Data, and more!