Fostering Resilience in a Better Normal
Classroom Teachers and School Leaders
While everyone has the potential to be resilient when faced with adversity, a prolonged and extremely stressful event like COVID-19 can easily overwhelm a person’s coping capacity. As such, it is critically important that schools prepare staff to not only promote resilience in their students, but also in themselves.
This session will provide teachers with knowledge and understanding of resilience and trauma and how they can, through their everyday teaching--both in person and from a distance--foster those protective factors that can help students weather and, eventually, bounce back from the current crisis. Teachers will receive practical tools, ideas, and activities which can be used to foster resilience no matter. This session will also address the importance of self-care and help teachers to identify practical ways in which they can take care of themselves so that they can then take care of their students.
- Lack of understanding on how trauma affects learning
- Feelings of disempowerment in helping student during the current crisis
- Lack of tools for building resilience
- Missing systems of self-care
Virtual Package Includes
- 3 60-minute interactive learning sessions
- Tools for helping the students and yourselves cope with the stress and life disruptions caused by COVID-19
- Recommendations for action in creating a trauma-informed classroom