Ready to lead your team in creating a more positive school culture?
Positive school culture directly affects academic achievement. Students and staff flourish academically and socially when they are a part of a thriving culture. We believe culture doesn’t happen by accident- planning and executing culture are intentional skill-based practices critical for anyone in leadership. Our goal is to have both new and seasoned school leaders leave our course with a clear vision of what positive culture looks like and an intentional plan for how to achieve it using concrete strategies and practical tools.
This course was designed in collaboration with renowned authors and thought leaders Kent Peterson, author of Shaping School Culture and the Shaping School Culture Fieldbook, and Tom Hierck, author of Starting a Movement, Managing Unstoppable Learning and Seven Keys to a Positive Learning Environment in Your Classroom, and contains many proven strategies from their respective texts.
- Lack of cohesive school community
- Low school or classroom positivity
- Staff investment challenges
- Fixed-mindset responses to change
- Toxic culture or subcultures
- Lack of a clear vision and mission
- Inconsistent expectations
- Development of and investment in a clear vision and mission
- Increased staff and student buy-in
- Cultivation of a stronger growth-mindset
- Proactive strategies for building a positive school culture that can be used tomorrow
- Tools to increase staff, student and family investment and engagement
- Healing toxic cultures or subcultures
- Consistency in behavioral expectations and disciplinary practices
On-demand, self-paced course (approximately 3 hrs)
Resources and tools for building positive school culture