Chronic Absenteeism Systems Audit and Recommendations
Principal and Leadership Team
More than 7 million students are chronically absent from school leaving them at risk both academically as well as socially and emotionally. The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) requires states to have a non-academic measure, and absenteeism is an important one to use.
The unique focus that Kickboard has on improving climate and culture can drive signiﬁcant increases in school attendance and the reduction of student dropouts. Kickboard Coaches will facilitate your team as you discover the underlying root causes of chronic absenteeism and guide you in using data to identify, monitor and support your campus on the journey of having students Show Up!
- Understanding the difference between chronic absenteeism and truancy and why it matters
- Identifying students who are at risk for chronic absenteeism
- Analyzing existing attendance data and how to effectively use data to increase attendance
- Classroom engagement that encourages student daily attendance
- A comprehensive report of current systems and written recommendations for improving and progress monitoring chronic absenteeism
- Kickboard Attendance Survey results for continued areas of improvement
Two 1-Hour Planning Meetings (Virtual) +
Full-Day (6 hrs) in-person collaborative session