Position Type: Part-Time Contract
Duration: June 23rd – September 30th with potential to extend to a permanent role based on performance
Compensation: Hourly rate commensurate with experience plus performance bonus upon completion of contract term
At Kickboard, we’re looking for a Support Specialist to ensure customer success during our busy back-to-school season.
This could be a perfect fit if…
- You understand schools. You’ve worked in education, or you have family members who are lifelong educators. Improving our country’s education system makes you jump out of bed every morning.
- Your co-workers describe you as a level-headed communicator who readily solves problems in high-pressure environments.
- You are energized knowing that customers are depending on you. You’d never let a follow-up call go unscheduled or a task go unchecked on your to-do list.
- You’re a team player. You’re willing to adapt to a changing environment in order to meet the needs of schools and educators.
In this role, you will combine communication and problem solving skills with empathy for the day-to-day realities of educators to ensure all customer schools are successful in implementing Kickboard’s software platform.
Specifically, day-to-day activities would involve:
- Scheduling and leading online training workshops for new customers. (No travel or in-person meetings required.)
- Communicating with customers via email and phone. Ensuring timely and professional responses to software support inquiries.
- Going the extra mile to ensure schools are successful with the Kickboard software including persistent communication and follow up.
- Being the “first responder” problem solver when issues are reported and communicating proactively with the supervisor to troubleshoot.
- Showing great initiative and creativity to support our customers, keep them happy and engaged, and ensure a strong retention rate.
Here are quotes from other Kickboard Support Specialists about why they like this job:
- “What I enjoy most about working as a Support Specialist at Kickboard is having the satisfaction of helping school leaders and teachers solve issues that can help contribute to the success of today’s youth. I also love the support and team unity we possess here as a company in general. I enjoy getting up and going to work and never experiencing the dreaded “Sunday Blues”.”
- “Unlike many customer support positions, the interactions I have with the people we work with–teachers, principals, deans–are pleasant and based in mutual gratitude. We create relationships with our customers, and we are solving real problems in schools, which makes the job of being a support specialist rewarding and engaging.”
- “The most enjoyable part was getting to work with a fabulous team that truly cares about educators and their school’s success. It was so enriching to support and build relationships with many school leadership teams while they were developing their Kickboard sites.”
- Outstanding relationship-building, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Exceptional problem solving and dispute resolution skills
- Takes initiative, skilled at multitasking and juggling several priorities at once
- Detail-oriented when it comes to scheduling, communicating, and managing contact information
- Strong PC and Mac skills, experience with online meetings a plus
- Teaching experience and/or experience with Kickboard is a plus, but not a requirement
Special Note: This position is available from June 23rd to September 30th, with the potential to extend to a permanent role on the team based on performance. Applicants must be available for the entire duration to be considered for bonus financial compensation.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter explaining:
- Why you want to be a Support Specialist at Kickboard this summer.
- A description of a great customer service experience you had recently and what made it great.