Product Support Specialist
Compensation: Hourly rate commensurate with experience
At Kickboard, we’re looking for a Product Support Specialist to ensure extraordinary levels of customer success during a period of extraordinary growth.
This could be a perfect fit if…
- You “get” schools. You’ve worked in education, or you have family members who are lifelong educators. Improving our country’s education system makes you jump out of bed every morning.
- Your co-workers describe you as a level-headed communicator who readily solves problems in high-pressure environments.
- You are energized knowing that customers are depending on you. You’d never let a follow-up call go unscheduled or a task go unchecked on your to-do list.
Kickboard’s philosophy about Product Support is rooted in our core values: Create Joy, Teachers are Platinum, Stay Focused, Help Each Other Be Great, and Never Stop Growing.
We’re looking for a candidate with mission fit. Someone who won’t be satisfied with knocking standard response and resolution metrics out of the park, and wants to go one step further – improving the extent to which Kickboard is making a positive, lasting impact on school culture.
In this role, you will combine tech-savvy with empathy for the day-to-day realities of educators to ensure all customer schools are successful in implementing Kickboard’s software platform.
Specifically, day-to-day activities would involve:
- Adhering to detailed processes for facilitating training workshops for new customers
- Scheduling and leading virtual training workshops for new customers
- Maintaining library of high-quality, engaging training materials: video tutorials, user guides, FAQ pages, etc.
- Contributing to the effort to ensure the accuracy and navigability of our knowledge base
- Managing help desk communication with customers, ensuring timely and professional responses to technical support inquiries
- Being the “first responder” problem solver when issues are reported, and communicate proactively with supervisor to troubleshoot
- Ensuring customers always have a positive interaction with our site and staff so that they will be references and sources of word of mouth marketing and referrals
- Sharing customer feedback with supervisor and be the user’s “voice" when providing key insights and feedback to the rest of the team
- Showing great initiative and creativity to support our customers, keep them happy and engaged, and ensure a strong retention rate
- Takes initiative, skilled at multi-tasking and juggling several priorities at once
- Outstanding oral and written communication, presentation and relationship-building skills
- Exceptional problem-solving and dispute resolution skills
- Broad technical curiosity and persistence that translates into ability to efficiently investigate issues and find root causes
- Detail-oriented when it comes to scheduling, communicating, and managing contact information
- Passionate about building schools where teachers and students thrive, by equipping teachers with tools like Kickboard to make it possible
- Strong PC and Mac skills, and web browser savvy
Special Note: This position is available from June 6th to September 30th, with the potential to extend to a permanent role on the team based on performance. All applicants must be available for the entire duration to be considered for the position.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, and a cover letter explaining:
- Why you want be a Product Support Specialist.
- Why you want be a Product Support Specialist at Kickboard.
- A description of a great customer service/support experience you had recently, and what made it great.
- Lastly, pick three of the questions from customers below and answer them like you would if you worked here:
- Last year we had Groups set up for each of our homerooms. How can I set those up again for this year?
- I have 100 new students that I need to add to Kickboard this year, and I need to remove my graduating 8th graders from the master roster. Do I need to do this one by one, or is there a faster way?
- How do I get my parents set up on the Parent Portal?
- I uploaded my students with their names reversed by accident (i.e. their first name is in the last name field and vice versa) HELP!!
- I’m the PowerSchool administrator for ABC School and I’ve been asked to set up an autosend for Kickboard’s SIS Sync. I’ve set it up, but it doesn’t seem like the SIS sync is running.
View all open positions