Inside Sales Representative
At Kickboard, we’re looking for an Inside Sales Representative (Outreach Manager) to foster meaningful relationships with future customer schools with a focus on helping them build a positive school culture.
This could be a perfect fit if...
- You “get” schools. You’ve worked in education, or you have family members who are lifelong educators. Improving our country’s education system makes you jump out of bed every morning.
- Your co-workers describe you as detail-oriented with a healthy competitive streak. You’d never let a follow-up call go unscheduled or a task go unchecked on your to-do list.
- You wouldn’t necessarily describe yourself as a “salesperson” because you believe that sales is about listening more than speaking, with a borderline obsessive focus on understanding the buyer’s problem and helping them solve it (even if that means not buying from you!)
In this role, you’ll build relationships with school leaders who have expressed interest in Kickboard, helping them to determine whether Kickboard is the right solution for their school.
A typical day in this role consists of:
- Making a number of prospecting calls to school leaders to determine if they have interest in Kickboard (a majority of your day)
- Developing and sending email campaigns to potential customers
- Leading an introductory call with a principal who recently read Kickboard’s PBIS Playbook to chat about what she is currently doing to foster a positive culture in her school
- Consulting with a Dean of Students who is looking to make the transition from paper-based “Tiger Bucks” to a digital solution for reinforcing their social-emotional learning curriculum
- Leading a discussion with a potential customers about their climate and culture initiative that may include a demo of Kickboard’s user-friendly software while helping a school leadership team build an implementation plan around their target go-live date
- Brainstorming strategies to gain teacher buy-in with a principal of a turnaround school who is considering a Kickboard implementation to improve school culture
- Crafting and sending a price quote to a school leader who saw Kickboard in use at a neighboring school and wants to implement, stat
- Celebrating with a co-worker who brought 4 new schools into the Kickboard community last week
Kickboard’s philosophy about partnering with customers is rooted in our core values: Create Joy, Educators are Platinum, Stay Focused, Help Each Other Be Great, and Never Stop Growing. We’re looking for a candidate with mission fit. Someone who won’t be satisfied with urgently growing our Kickboard school community, someone who will work relentlessly to ensure Kickboard is helping build safe and happy schools where students and staff thrive.
Since our founding, Kickboard has worked to give educators the tools they need to create safe and happy schools where students and staff thrive. Given that the vast majority of our schools are comprised predominantly of students of color, it should not be surprising that the culture and climate work we do with schools inevitably intersects with issues of race and disproportionality in discipline. Promoting equity is a priority for Kickboard and we are intentional about situating the work we do at the intersection of positive behavioral supports, cultural relevance, restorative practices, and racial equity.
- A great conversationalist and email writer, with the ability to quickly build rapport and credibility. You’ll be speaking and emailing with school leaders.
- Not afraid to engage school leaders in the tough conversations about what it takes to improve their school. (School culture and student behavior are often the “elephant in the room” contributing to poor academic performance.)
- Detail-oriented when it comes to scheduling, communicating, and managing contact information.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Work alongside colleagues who love to learn and grow
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous parental leave policy
- Three weeks paid vacation plus 10 company holidays
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter with the following:
- Why you want to be an Outreach Manager.
- Why you want to be an Outreach Manager at Kickboard.
- The content of an email you’d send to a school leader after they attended Kickboard’s most recent webinar and wanted to learn more.
View all open positions