Kickboard is on the hunt for a Digital Marketing leader to help the company aggressively grow its business in the K-12 education technology market. Why? So we can do our part in improving our country’s education system.
As Digital Marketer, you will hit the ground running with one very enthusiastic direct report to drive digital (and some field) marketing campaigns, inbound lead generation strategies, thought leadership and public relations efforts, brand development, customer success initiatives, and even a good bit of marketing automation and operations management.
Kickboard’s philosophy about marketing is rooted in our core values: Create Joy, Educators are Platinum, Stay Focused, Help Each Other Be Great, and Never Stop Growing.
We’re looking for a candidate with mission fit. Knocking our industry’s demand generation benchmarks out of the water is just the beginning - ultimately, you’re ready to roll up your sleeves to ensure Kickboard is helping build safe and happy schools where students and staff thrive.
This is a dynamic role with many responsibilities. You will be moving from small tasks (you’re a team of two!) to large strategic projects:
- Develop, launch, and continuously improve digital marketing programs and campaigns focused on inbound lead generation with the goal of sourcing pipeline for inside and field sales organizations.
- Execute a content strategy focused on creating and delivering rich, engaging marketing content to Kickboard’s prospects and customers through a variety of digital platforms: Website, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Vimeo/YouTube, etc.
- Design and manage prospect development/nurture programs focused on increasing prospect engagement and helping to quickly move prospects through the sales and marketing pipeline.
- Support Kickboard’s field sales organization with a conference, event, and campaign plan focused on placing sales representatives in front of key target accounts in environments that support Kickboard’s market alignment, voice of the customer, and sales goals.
- Directly manage and partner with Kickboard’s Field Marketing Manager to develop and execute field/account marketing support plans and prospect qualification and development efforts.
- Work with Kickboard’s customer success team to develop and execute customer marketing initiatives focused on increasing year-over-year renewal rates and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Work with Kickboard’s public relations partner to drive a strategic plan focused on building Kickboard’s brand through media partnerships, editorial coverage, thought-leadership, social influencer engagement, and industry/association outreach.
- You’ll also get your hands dirty. You may be leading a large corporate marketing initiative one minute, and copywriting a blog post the next.
- Experience managing small and large marketing organizations (we plan on growing our marketing team) within a metrics-driven environment focused on data-driven decision-making.
- A hands-on approach to creating marketing and web collateral when the resources do not exist to delegate those tasks to others.
- Experience with digital (Web, Search, Email) and social marketing channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Vimeo/YouTube, etc.)
- Knows the way around marketing automation, content management, and data analytics platforms. Pardot, ExpressionEngine, and Google Analytics experience a plus.
- Experience launching, managing, and reporting on digital advertising platforms. We currently get a lot of mileage from Google AdWords, LinkedIn Advertising, and Twitter Advertising.
- Experience working with vendor partners across multiple disciplines such as public relations, search engine marketing, creative services, and web development.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Work alongside colleagues who love to learn and grow
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous family leave policy
- Three weeks paid vacation plus 10 company holidays
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, and a cover letter that includes:
- Why you want to be Digital Marketer at Kickboard.
- A description of a marketing campaign or initiative you have managed that you are particularly proud of. Please be sure to detail the level of success obtained.
- Three early stage companies (they don’t have to be education-related) that are doing digital marketing really well and why you think these companies stand out among the rest.
View all open positions